Content

Sunday 8 September 2013

Wedding Sunday - Gum Gully Farm


This weekend, my parents and I spent the weekend with K in Melbourne. We had a busy weekend planned - shopping and looking at display houses, followed by dinner with K's Auntie & Uncle on Saturday. And today, K & I and my parents went to our reception venue open day - at Gum Gully Farm, in the Dandenong Ranges. We attended the open day last year before we were engaged, and decided then and there that this was the place we'd be getting married in. It was a perfect sunny day for everyone to have a look around and talk to caterers, car hire, and cake makers.
Gum Gully Farm is about a 40 minute drive from the city, and everything on the farm was handmade by the owners in 1998. It started off as a hobby farm with animals, but when people started asking to have their wedding there - it became a wedding venue. And its SO popular!
 


The best thing about this venue, is they have two options for a ceremony. You can either have it outside under the vines which bloom in the spring months, or you can use the chapel which is also handcrafted, as another choice or a backup wet weather option. I loved the chapel, it's so beautiful, and with the pretty stain glassed window, its perfect. 



Not only is this venue 'oh so rustic', from the simple decor, and baby animals running around - but a lot of what you see in the venue is already included, so it's very economical. 





It was a great weekend, and it was nice to have some time with my parents, which I haven't had much lately, so I was very happy. And I think they enjoyed themselves as well, and loved the venue as well!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Behind The Web

Hello! My names is Jessica, 27yo based in Australia. Here you'll find a collection of my thoughts, interests, photographs & daily life. Interested in all things beautiful in the world. Enjoy!

Got nothing to do today but smile

Got nothing to do today but smile

Previous Daily Life

Instagram

Social Media