Content

Sunday 22 September 2013

Wedding Sunday: Fabric Flowers & Bridal Bouquets


There's a lot to think about when it comes to planning a wedding, and one of the biggest factors is flowers!

I had spoken many times with K after we got engaged on the subject, and we came up with the idea of using fabric flowers for our table decor and bouquets. One of the reasons we decided this was: 

1) It was going to be springtime when we have our wedding, so if anyone had allergies, having even more fragrant flowers at our reception would most likely make it worse. 

2) Neither of us were really into the really smelly flowers, so it made sense when we chose to go fabric instead.

3) Cost: If you're on a budget or just prefer fabric flowers, it's a great saving. I don't think I would enjoy paying $100 for a bridal bouquet, or decorative flowers and have them wilted by the end of the day. My mum had a fabric bouquet when she got married and she still has it today. So i'd really like to keep it as a keepsake.

I really like Hydrangeas. I think they are really pretty, come in lots of colors and are quite a simple flower, so I tried to find a flower that was similar if not the same in fabric. We bought these flowers off Ebay for $10, and although they good quality, some of the flowers were a bit flat or squished together. So they aren't going to be used. (I'll just use them for decorating around the house instead!)




We had an alternative idea though, K's parents live near a fabric flower florist in Hong Kong, and they took some photos, and airmailed some samples over to us to pick what we liked best. Our color scheme for our wedding is white, cream and pink. Pretty, but still fairly neutral.

We decided after researching lots of options for vases, we chose to use recycled cans, that were spray painted with a primer, and painted in a light blue/green shade which you can see above. Since our table decor is going to be minimal due to the already amazing rustic decor at the venue - we wanted to give the tables a pop of color. I think they look pretty cute! :-)

I also bought my bridal bouquet a few months ago on Etsy from a seller named Lady Ly Boutique. She does some amazing & beautiful work, and I recommend her wholeheartedly if you are looking for a fabric flower bouquet. It was just my luck I found something in our color scheme! Etsy has definitely become a big part of our wedding when buying decor and accessories!

My bridal bouquet is light pink and lilac roses, ivory roses and a few pink and green hydrangeas. It comes with the stems wrapped in white ribbon and rhinestone gold embellishment. (I'm probably committing a crime when I'm posting pictures of my bouquet, but it's just sooo gorgeous not too!)


Have you decided to use fabric flowers instead of real flowers at your wedding? I'd love to hear how it turned out!

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Behind The Web

Hello! My names is Jessica, 27yo based in Australia. Here you'll find a collection of my thoughts, interests, photographs & daily life. Interested in all things beautiful in the world. Enjoy!

Got nothing to do today but smile

Got nothing to do today but smile

Previous Daily Life

Instagram

Social Media