Content

Tuesday 8 October 2013

Bra Bra Bra Talk!



Sometimes we all have to say goodbye to our old bras and in with the new!

I'd been complaining for awhile that I was desperate for some new bras, especially for our trip to Hong Kong, as my old ones were getting a little..well..old. I've had about 4 on rotation for about 2-3 years now, and after the money I spent on them, I wanted my moneys worth! You may think well, gee! It's easy to go and buy some cheapies at Kmart, or Target and get away with those, and you'd be right, I could. I just have big issues with the 'comfort factor'.

Being a small built woman, in the past there wasn't enough sizes that would even FIT me let alone be comfortable. As I said, the bras I bought 2 or 3 years ago, are under wire, and are either filled with water or cream to get a 'push' in whatever way possible. It hasn't been the most comfortable experience wearing them, but I've dealt with the fact I needed boobs to wear certain pieces of clothing. 

I've realized now, probably more so since my open heart surgery almost 4 years ago, that they a) are indeed uncomfortable, especially with a sternum scar, it constantly rubs against it b) they don't breathe - as the cream & water is blocking airflow c) they weigh at least 500g and d) they cost about $50 each. 

It is just lucky for me, in the last year or so my body is finally, finally changing, so I can get rid of those pesky under wires!

K and I went shopping not long ago at Myer, and I found a few bras that met my criteria. But you know what the best thing was? It was 25% off that weekend! I finally settled on Chloe & Lola's basic wire free contour bra, and I got them in 4 shades which I'll post below. Chloe & Lola have so many cute bras, as well as sleepwear all for an affordable price! You can see more of their cute range here. 



These bras aren't designed to give you a big 'lift' but they are SUPER comfortable and I don't have keep tugging at the under wire all the time. The difference no under wire makes, is just amazing, and I'm sooo glad I can finally get away with no padding or weight at all. Which means I can try more pretty styles if I want as well! It's made the 'girls, new improved girls!

Which brings me to my question, which bra is your favourite that you couldn't live without? It can be any brand or style, and how would you rate it in terms of comfort? Let me know down below!


post signature

1 comments:

Unknown says:
at: 8 October 2013 at 02:27 said...

I think any bra that Sue drops on the floor is good by me.

Post a Comment

Behind The Web

Hello! My names is Jessica, 27yo based in Australia. Here you'll find a collection of my thoughts, interests, photographs & daily life. Interested in all things beautiful in the world. Enjoy!

Got nothing to do today but smile

Got nothing to do today but smile

Previous Daily Life

Instagram

Social Media