Content

Sunday 6 October 2013

Echuca Heritage Family Festival Day Trip


Sorry I haven't blogged for a few days, I've been rather unwell, and I haven't had the energy to really get off the couch. Needless to say I have more doctors appointments coming up, so I am hoping I will have some answers by the end of the week. I'm feeling a lot better, but still not 100% so please don't hold it against me!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
K and I had decided a few weeks back that we'd do a day trip to Echuca, we hadn't been back there since last year, so it was a well deserved little road trip to take our minds off things. 

There was a Heritage Family Festival going on, and fire works later on in the night, so there were quite a few people around the town. Horse carriage rides, face painting, fairy floss vendors and a petting zoo were some of the family activities to do. It was actually a really sunny day, the best we've had yet and I think it got up to about 27'C, which was the kind of weather I like - not too hot and not too cold!
It took us just under an hour to get to Echuca, and we arrived right on lunchtime and we were sooo hungry! One of the reasons we decided to do this road trip was to visit one of the best voted fish and chip shop in the state. We enjoyed it so much last time, we couldn't pass it up their fish are battered in beer batter! So after waiting about 20 minutes for our food, we went and sat on a park bench in the centre of the Port, and watched the festivities. 


We didn't go on any of the river cruises or on the paddle steamer boat, it would have been nice, but the attraction had definitely gone up in price since I last went on it, so we gave it a miss. However, I used this day to spend some quality time with my love, and improve on my photography skills by the time we go to Hong Kong in just over 2 weeks time. I think I've improved a lot in the last few months from not knowing how to use a Canon in the manual setting, to knowing how to use it has been pretty awesome. Though I have a very patient (and cute) teacher!


K took these photos of me in amoungst the flowers, I think they turned out quite pretty! Although I did get some funny ones of K when he least expected it, and his facial expressions are just hilarious!

We drove back mid afternoon, as we were making a stop to visit my Nan and my mum who is now her carer for the time being at her new unit, so mum hasn't been in some time. It was really good to see her, and catch up. Hopefully she'll be back at home with us by Christmas! 

Well that was my weekend, what did you guys get up to this weekend? :-)
post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Behind The Web

Hello! My names is Jessica, 27yo based in Australia. Here you'll find a collection of my thoughts, interests, photographs & daily life. Interested in all things beautiful in the world. Enjoy!

Got nothing to do today but smile

Got nothing to do today but smile

Previous Daily Life

Instagram

Social Media