Content

Monday 11 November 2013

Blanche & Matthews HK Wedding: Part 2


After the tea ceremony, K's family and relatives all went out for a Shanghai lunch at one of the plazas in Ma On Shan. I tried a lot of different food that I haven't eaten before, some very nice, some not so much! Although it was a really nice opportunity to meet with all the family again. 

We left at around 1.30pm from the restaurant to head home to get ready for part 2 of the day which was the church ceremony. We had about an hour to get dressed and ready, before being taken by car by one of K's relatives to the church. There was a session going on in the church when we got there so we had to wait around an hour in the holding room before we could go in. Once we got in, it was actually quite large. I don't know what I was expecting, but being in Hong Kong I expected something smaller! Haha. But it was decorated very nicely and I realized that it matched the Brides bouquet.

Once the official ceremony began, which was in Cantonese (I couldn't understand) so K translated all the important parts for me. Matthew wore a grey & black trimmed suit, and Blanche wore was really beautiful, and covered in tiny crystals. I did particularity love her veil, it suited her very very well! 

The whole ceremony was cute and they had a lot of praise for each other in their speeches. K & I also got a special thank you for coming all the way from Australia, so that was lovely to be included in their speech which was unexpected :)



Once the ceremony was completed and the happy couple were now 'husband & wife', most of the guests were loaded onto a bus that took us to the reception at the Langham hotel. I don't think I've ever seen such an elaborate reception venue before. There were 30 tables for over 300 guests, a Tiffany blue backdrop for photos, and the napkin holders were covered in rhinestones. Not to mention the TASTY snacks that were going around, I was definitely in food heaven!


The menu had about 10 different courses on it, I think by the 7th I was over food, but still tried as many as I could, even the really bad sounding ones, which I'm pretty proud of as I'm not a big seafood eater. K's brother bought along a flash light (which later that week I bought) and did some videography of the night. I've seen video clips of it and it's amazing what he does. (I'm pretty happy I bought the same flash light as him so now I can do more (and better!) photography! (It was used on these photos of K & me below!




The night went on until about 12.15am, which considering I'd been up since 7.30am and doing a lot of running around, I was SO tired by the time and thankful for a warm bed and a huggable fiance! I still think I was very lucky to be invited to such a great event, and I'm thankful I got to see it, and it know what I will experience in March next year, maybe not on such a grand scale but at least close to it. I have so many good memories of this day that I'm sure I will keep with me for the rest of my life as the first HK wedding I've been to!




post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Behind The Web

Hello! My names is Jessica, 27yo based in Australia. Here you'll find a collection of my thoughts, interests, photographs & daily life. Interested in all things beautiful in the world. Enjoy!

Got nothing to do today but smile

Got nothing to do today but smile

Previous Daily Life

Instagram

Social Media