Content

Sunday 13 April 2014

Hong Kong Beauty Haul



Omigosh, I finally get to share with you my little beauty haul I did whilst we were in Hong Kong. Let me tell you, it took a lot of will power not to go completely overboard at the beauty counters, however I was able to resist temptation and buy only what I had on my list to begin with. Pretty good eh?!

The newest items that I've not really worn much of in the past but in the last year or so I can't get enough of, and that's lipsticks. I was more of a lip balm girl as my lips usually got quite dry - especially being indoors all the time during the day for work, there just wasn't any point in wearing lipstick as it would look hideous on dry lips. 

However, over the course of the year my lips haven't been getting as dry because I'm constantly piling on the lip balm & moisturiser  at night - which has helped immensely during the day for wearing lipstick. Winning! 

So here's to welcoming fabulous new products!



First up, lipsticks. I can't remember how many You Tube videos I watched, and reviews I read trying to figure out which colours would suit me, how they looked on other people, and their staying power.

From left to right: 

- Rouge Coco, Paradis 39 

I first saw this used on a Lisa Eldridge You Tube tutorial for Chanel, and her finished look was perfection using this lipstick. It's a beautiful medium coral shade perfect for the spring/summer seasons. It's semi-opaque, but still gives a good amount of colour, and has a noticeable sheen and shimmer. This just brightens up the face immediately and it's definitely one of my absolute favourites.

- Rouge Coco, Chambon 31

Chambon is a wonderfully rich, vibrant, glowing red, with a glossy sheen. I wanted to find a red lipstick that wasn't too red, as being pale, I thought it may look a bit stark on me, so I was after something with more pink tones. I think I found it!

- Rouge Coco Shine, Aventure 57

A beautiful light pink shade, I would say this is a little bit more of a gloss than a lipstick, as the staying power isn't as good as I would expect it to be, however it's really good for a natural day to day look - especially those with a light complexion. 

- Christian Dior, Rouge Dior, Darling 567

I adore this shade. It's almost verging on a hot pink, but not quite there. It's a great tone to wear if you're not wearing red, and it adds an almost instant pop of colour once you apply it to your lips. It's very moisturising and very comfortable to wear, and it lasts for a good 2 hours without applying more and leaves a nice stain afterwards.





On my shopping list, I had already decided I needed a new blush. I was going to go with one a Chanel creme blush, however I couldn't find the colour I really wanted. It was out of stock everywhere! So that was a pain. 

So an alternative I spied was the Christian Dior Rosy Glow in Petal 001. It's a really light Barbie pink, and gives a nice rosy cheek. Although I've become accustomed to creme blushes in the past, using powder I find is a little difficult with judging the correct amount, so not to look too overdone. In all, I really like this blush, it suits my complexion and creates a more 'awake' and fresh look.




I have to say, this product, is my holy grail of products. The Chanel Hydro Base Lumiere is just waaaaaay too good. It's a primer and a moisturiser, so you can use it under makeup or just on its own. Since I got it in 2012, I've used nothing else but this primer and my skin is thanking me for it. It's quite light in texture when you're applying it with your hands, but as you rub it into your skin it sticks a little. You can see when you apply it, it gives this white sheer sheen to your face and evens out blemishes, and just makes you look more fresh. 

I love this product, and I'm really sorry to say it's only available in Asian countries. The Chanel's De La Blanc is the alternative available here, but I just don't feel it comes close to this product! Well worth the money. 





As we all know flying can be a complete bore, and sometimes we get looking at the InSky magazine with all these wonderful duty free items. I was browsing on our way over to HK, and I was debating on whether or not to get this YSL travel makeup kit. I spent the next two and a half weeks thinking about it, and I ended up buying it at the airport beauty kiosk before we departed for Australia. It comes with this really stylish black fold up case YSL logo on the front, containing three makeup brushes, eyeliner and a mascara. Once you open the makeup box, there's a choice of five eyeshadows, one blush, and four lipsticks. Each are very pretty, pigmented spring/summer shades. Perfect to look fresh when traveling.

I hope you enjoyed some of my beauty buys, I'd love to know what is your 'must have' in your makeup bag because I'm really loving all these wonderful products and I just can't decide! 



post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Behind The Web

Hello! My names is Jessica, 27yo based in Australia. Here you'll find a collection of my thoughts, interests, photographs & daily life. Interested in all things beautiful in the world. Enjoy!

Got nothing to do today but smile

Got nothing to do today but smile

Previous Daily Life

Instagram

Social Media