Content

Monday 12 May 2014

Two Weeks Notice



Today I gave my work my two-weeks-notice. I'm still unsure how I feel on the subject as I have mixed feelings. However, I know this is a brand new start for me, not only job wise, but I get to finally move to Melbourne and live with K! After two years of weekend traveling back and forth to each other as we live in different cities - we will finally be together! FINALLY. I'm so unbelievably happy, but I'm also really scared at the prospect of walking into a new job I am not familiar with. (Hear the nerves speaking? Haha)

I was quite lucky in regards to nailing a job down, I thought it would take weeks, maybe months considering the market is a bit on the slow side. But obviously the world needed some office girls because I had calls coming out my ears! I had a permanent headache all week trying to fit interviews in during work time. I don't know how people do it, but it's such a hassle finding work when you're already in a job! Lucky for me, 5 calls later, 3 interviews in the space of a week and I got one. Phew!

Today, not only did I give my notice, but I had the responsibility of helping to find my replacement. Basically my day consisted of booking interviews, calling up references and giving advice on who might be the next 'me'. If you've never had to find your own replacement, it's not a really good feeling. I felt extra protective of my job more than ever - even though I'm leaving, it just felt really unusual and nerve wracking to give it up for sure. 

I'm in the midst of packing up my room in pieces to move to K's house. It's slowly getting there, and I'm sure I will feel more relaxed and comfortable once all my things are moved and set up properly in my new home. It feels weird to say I've lived with my folks for quite some time, but we get along really well, and they've been an enormous part of my life, and will continue to be. I'm hoping I won't miss them too much when I move. I may need to bring some tissues on that day when I drive away for real!




post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Behind The Web

Hello! My names is Jessica, 27yo based in Australia. Here you'll find a collection of my thoughts, interests, photographs & daily life. Interested in all things beautiful in the world. Enjoy!

Got nothing to do today but smile

Got nothing to do today but smile

Previous Daily Life

Instagram

Social Media