Content

Friday 30 August 2013

The Hardest Thing About Being Pale Is Finding Foundation In The Correct Shade


Does anyone else of the 'pale variety' have this problem? 
Finding foundation that doesn't make you look like a tangerine, is getting harder and harder to find. From my experience, every brand that stocks the shade that is the palest - is either out of stock, discontinued, or not available at all. 
When I look for a foundation I usually look for the following:
  • Color- It has to match my skin perfectly, meaning it has to be pale, and I don't want to look like an oompa loompa.
  • Coverage- It needs to even my skin tone out, and I don't want to look patchy in places. 
  • Formula- I absolutely hate thick, cakey foundation. It looks horid and I could'n't bear to leave the house in that. In saying that, I don't want to look oily either. Foundation for me, needs to be light, silky and natural. This is probably one of the biggest things I look for.
  • Price- I've spent $50 on a foundation, so I guess anything can go. The Natio foundation I used was $14 and it was the best buy I've ever found.
  • SPF- Is ALWAYS a bonus for pale girls.
My holy grail of foundation for two years has been Natio Fluid Makeup With Moisturizer, in the shade 'light', and I have only just discovered in the last week of it being on shelf, that it has been discontinued and isn't available anywhere in store anymore. This particular foundation had pink hues (which is a plus for pale skin), light consistency and was light on the face, not greasy or hard to brush on. So essentially it was perfect, and the added moisturizer made it feel more like a moisturizer, rather than a foundation. 
They have since been replaced by Natio's Flawless Foundation, with SPF 15, and the lightest shade is Medium - which has very orange hues. So I am absolutely gutted I have to yet again, go in search for another brand.


I did purchase a foundation a few months ago that I've barely used, and that was Model's Prefer Infinite Color Foundation in Shell. I don't mind this foundation, however it can be a little greasy to use on it's own. I used to use my Natio Fluid foundation as a base, and stipple the Models Prefer Infinite Color Foundation over the top to seal it all in, as apparently it has a 24hr all day wear guarantee. And it does, it definitely kept all my makeup in place for a day. Though I am not sure if this will work with the new foundation I bought as a replacement.
The foundation I bought today was Covergirls Tru Blend With Blendable Minerals in Ivory (number 405). I did a comparison at home with all three of the foundations, and there is subtle differences which are shown below.

Left to right: Natio Fluid Makeup / Models Prefer Infinite Foundation / Covergirl Tru Blend

I will keep you updated on how this new one goes, but in the meantime, if you're a pale girl - what brand / Shade of foundation do you use and why?


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Behind The Web

Hello! My names is Jessica, 27yo based in Australia. Here you'll find a collection of my thoughts, interests, photographs & daily life. Interested in all things beautiful in the world. Enjoy!

Got nothing to do today but smile

Got nothing to do today but smile

Previous Daily Life

Instagram

Social Media