Content

Tuesday 17 December 2013

Hello. I'm Mr. Mac



Yes, it's true folks. After much consideration I have ended my 'how-ever-many-years-i-don't-really-know' relationship with Windows - in favour for a brand spanking new iMac. 

For the last 5 or so years I have been using a laptop - and although it has it's perks, such as sitting anywhere I want in the house or carrying it around on the go- the performance was lacking quite a bit, and I found myself getting more frustrated using it. I wanted more. And that's where Mac came in.

I haven't used a Mac for over 6 years, my last time using one was in 2006-07 during the 2 years I studied for my Design Degree at school. The class was assigned one iMac each for the year and we used them on a daily basis for all the projects we had to complete. After awhile it was like second nature. Previous to that - using a Macintosh when I was a kid in Primary School. I remember we had to put our name down on a list at lunch time for certain times so we could all have a turn playing around on them. The highlight? Playing the really old school games.  Oh the nostalgia...

I'd been thinking about buying a Mac for a long time, but I was a bit hesitant to get on the Apple bandwagon, (says someone who has owned an iPhone for the last 4 years) I was worried that I would just have a complete melt down with the new platform! Haha But rest assured, Mr. Mac and I are getting along fabulously. 

We purchased the 27" iMac because the specifications were a lot better than the 21". I figured, I'll be using it a lot more now that I'm taking more photos with my 6D, and I needed it to be quick with editing, and possibly, video editing in the future if I chose to go down that road. 

We missed out on the 10% off computers the weekend before last, but another retailer was offering it for just over $2000, so we were able to price match (with a little bit more taken off!) So far, I'm super impressed with how fast and responsive it is. Although I've had to sit down a few times and work out where folders are, or how to do this or that - it's been a relatively easy process. Everything is at my fingertips, and with my external hard drive hooked up all the time, it's easy to find things I've already done previously to getting an iMac. 





So far I'm loving everything from the whiteness of the system, to the aluminium keyboard, and cute mouse. My desk is definitely LESS messy because it's so compact. I've yet to really put it to the test - but so far it's been a very positive experience. 100% would recommend! 



post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Behind The Web

Hello! My names is Jessica, 27yo based in Australia. Here you'll find a collection of my thoughts, interests, photographs & daily life. Interested in all things beautiful in the world. Enjoy!

Got nothing to do today but smile

Got nothing to do today but smile

Previous Daily Life

Instagram

Social Media