Content

Tuesday 7 May 2013

I'm Engaged!


As you all know, K and I had some time off work for 5 days for our 1 year Anniversary. Friday we had lunch at Soda Rock in South Melbourne which is an American style diner that's been operating for over 19 years. The decor was amazing, and there were small jukeboxes on the tables that for a dollar - would play all your favorite 50's and 60's songs. I really felt like we were taken back in time!

Soda Rock in South Yarra
My gorgeous man!
Yours truly
The burgers were quite large - and featured a lot of onion! I mostly picked mine out as it gives me bad indigestion, but the rest was pretty amazing. Reminded me a lot of last years trip to the USA and the first meal I ate there in my hotel room.

Big Bopper burger & fries
Sunday, we had organised to drive to Daylesford, a beautiful town that is located in Hepburn Springs or 'Spa Country' as they call it. It's quite small, but very a very artistic town that is totally relaxing in every way.
We looked around the town at the little antique shops before heading to Sault, our favorite Dayesford restaurant located just past Sailors Falls which we found last year. It's surrounded by a beautiful lavender farm and smelt absolutely devine!

Lavender farm
Lavender farm
I opted for the Scotch fillet whilst K went for the veal. I can tell you now, every time we've come here, this restaurant has not failed us with an amazing meal, and the view from our table was just lovely overlooking the lake.

Our view over the lake
K's venison, celeriac puree', puffed grains, holgate's chocolate porter jelly & venison jus
Inglewood dry-aged scotch fillet, shallots, grapes, purple potatoes, shiraz and bone marrow jus
After we'd eaten, we went outside to take some photos. The outside of the restaurant looks more like a country house from the front, and the kind of house you'd want to live in! K had forgotten his tripod - (which i hadn't realized why he was so bummed about leaving it at home until after!) so he used a rock to self timer the camera. After a few test shots, and a few shots of us, he set it once more, and before i could realized - he was on one knee and asking me to marry him! I don't think I've ever been so shocked, happy and overwhelmed in my life before because all i could do was open my mouth a few times before bawling my eyes out, and sobbing out a yes. LOL. I think if anyone had videoed that moment, I would have looked a mess! 
Photo of us before K proposed!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Behind The Web

Hello! My names is Jessica, 27yo based in Australia. Here you'll find a collection of my thoughts, interests, photographs & daily life. Interested in all things beautiful in the world. Enjoy!

Got nothing to do today but smile

Got nothing to do today but smile

Previous Daily Life

Instagram

Social Media